Sunday 24 May 2015

Miss Moonshine 2015

I competed in the very first Miss Moonshine Pinup competition on the 1st of February 2015. The competition is organised by New Zealand's Glory Day's Magazine and is held at The American Vehicle Day, Trentham, Lower Hutt. 

Any lovely Pinup gal is eligible to compete, all you need to do is submit a photo and summary about yourself to Glory Days Magazine to be in the running. This was my entry: 

Photo by MissT Pinups


"I am Soda Fontaine, Pinup Girl and Burlesque Performer. 

My first burlesque show was back in December 2011 and I have been hooked ever since. I was a bit of Theatre Geek back in the day so Burlesque appealed to me in the sense that you can be the complete master of your own show. Also all the sparkles and glitter helped lure me in too. My main burlesque style is 'cheesecake' and I tie in my love for Pinup into my performances. 

What I love most about dressing pinup style is how it makes me feel. With the outfits, hair and makeup all tied together, I feel glamorous and confident. All I need now is a '59 pink Cadillac Convertible to complete my look wink emoticon

I also have a love for travel, various genres of metal music, anything nautical themed and collecting artwork."

On the day of the competition, contestants are given the opportunity to arrive at the venue early and pose with classic cars with a professional photographer. You can pose by yourself and have numerous group shots with the other contestants. I decided to wear a different dress for the photos and competition but kept them in theme so I didn't have to change my accessories. 


With my Twinup Miss Charlotte Cake

Myself with Miss Charlotte Cake and Miss Monique Sweet


Photo by Artful Dodge Photography

Next it was competition time and all 16 pinups lined up to take the stage. One at a time, we had to walk the catwalk, work a pinup pose and lastly, say something about ourselves in front of the crowd. The judges tallied the votes and Miss Monique Sweet is announced as the winner. Miss Monique Sweet rocked the most amazing custom made watermelon circle skirt, with matching cardigan and accessories. 



Miss Moonshine was great practice for Miss Pinup NZ which I will be competing in within a few months. I highly recommend the competition for pinups who are starting out or whom are wanting stage practice. 

My Outfit Details: 


xx Soda Fontaine xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment